Hardware donation program/Saintfevrier
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
I have been active on the WM projects for a decade, in the capacity of secondary school teacher (Wikipedia Education Program in Greece); additionally, in December 2015 I received an IEG for Wikitherapy (training individuals with mental disorders to edit Wikipedia, Wiktionary and Wikiquote).
The laptop would enable participants of editing projects either at school or at Argostoli Mental Health Day Center (i.e. I would lend the laptop to individuals according to need) to:
- become acquainted with working on a computer in a more ample timeframe than a one or two-hour session (the two individuals I have in mind do not have computers and editing takes place only on site at school or at the Center so they are barely familiar with computers)
- Once they have learned the ropes, they will then proceed to work on Wikipedia assignments and/or editing projects at home.
- Commons (e.g. further enriching this gallery: it was created for a school project but has plenty of scope for further expansion)
- Possibly Wikisource, as the reason we did not work on Wikisource during the Wikitherapy grant was lack of equipment (see report in Wikitherapy link in previous paragraph)
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
Wikipedia Education Newsletter postsEdit
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.
The Macbook has proven very useful for editing and presentations when I'm "on-the-go", as I did not have a laptop (I do most my editing on my desktop computer). Examples:
- Used it the day after it was handed over to me by Asaf at Wikimania 2018: at the Water sustainability editathon I created the Greek translation of the "Cape Town Water Crisis" article.
- Took it with me to Lviv for Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018. I used it to prepare for my presentation and during the other sessions I attended.