Hardware donation program/Haylad
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you. I am primarily a mobile phone editor, I was able to edit and create articles with my mobile phone for over a year. My parents are financially constrained and are not able to fund the purchase my laptop now. A friend burrowed me a laptop about 2 months ago and I use it to edit, but unfortunately the hard disk got crashed and when I repaired it, the battery stopped working properly. I believe the access to a laptop will improve my contributions greatly as editing with the use of a mobile phone can be very strenuous. A laptop will increase my input on Wikimedia projects and make my community work more productive and effective. I am the President of Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin where I engage over 50 students in contributing to Wikimedia projects. I am a very active member of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and Ilorin Wikimedia Hub. I do the brand graphics and digital posters for the afore mentioned Club on my mobile phone and it can be very unappealing.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Co-organizer in Nigeria,Wiki Loves Africa
- The contributions Wikimedia's open-source has helped me to make and their impact measured by pageviews
- It gladdens my heart that I am the founding Vice-President and Current President of the Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin, it has enabled me to recruit student editors in my university and beyond.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Haylad is a committed and dedicated Wikipedia volunteer and leader of the Wikimedia community in the University of Ilorin, and he has contributed in a great way in terms of edits and community work despite the limitations he face in terms of a good personal computer. I believe that if he is granted the hardware grant, he will be motivated to contribute and do more for the Wikimedia movement.Timmylegend (talk) 18:23, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
- As the current President of the Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club, Haylad has led the organization of various events to recruit new editors and to encourage previous editors to create new articles and work on existing articles. If he gets the hardware (laptop) it will enable to carry out these functions more effectively and it would also make him a better editor
- Haylad is an inspiring Wikipedia Volunteer. He as the President of the Wikipedia community, University of Iron, Nigeria. I have been geared to the experiences and understanding. He had kept the movement despite some challenges that cross by himself as an editor, volunteer and a student. I believe that if he be granted his request, more of inspirational potentials would be unraveled that would help the Wikipedia Family as a whole.
- Haylad is an inspiring leader who has attracted more editors to join the Wikimedia Fans club at the University of Ilorin. I have followed some of their activities and adopted several strategies to grow the Edo Wikimedia Hub. Based on my experience working with him, I recommend that he should be given the necessary hardware he is requesting for to facilitate the good work he is going at the University of Ilorin.