Hardware donation program/Fredericknoronha
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Active on the English Wikipedia. Mostly around Goa. Also upload photos to Commons. Initiated the Konkani Wikipedia process in incubation. Basically a pre-owned laptop would help me to demo Wikipedia editing, get more mobility to upload while travelling, and use it as an effective tool while giving talks, etc. I've taken part in the Wikipedia TTT (Training for Trainers) and would like to implement a show-and-teach style of W/editing training. Am also currently taking part in the #100WikiDays challenge..
1. Wikipedia-English (particularly focussing on Goa-related themes) 2. Wikipedia-Konkani (GOM), but more by way of demos and evangelising, since my language skills are limited. 3. Commons, particularly uploading photographs 4. Portuguese-to-English translations.
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Speaking at WikiIndia Conference, 2016, with a borrowed laptop, as is obviously from the number of youthful stickers on the cover. LOL!
- Organise the Free Software User Group occasional meetings at Panjim, Goa ... again with borrowed laptops. Agreed, not wikipedia.
- Shared almost 60,000+ photos via Flickr. Have donated many to Wikipedia
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- . . .
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.