Hardware donation program/Danidamiobi
Your contact informationEdit
- your username
- your contact e-mail (optional)
Explain your planEdit
Tell us about how you contribute currently, and how you would contribute if WMF were to gift a used laptop to you. I currently edit the English Wikipedia and contribute to Commons. I slightly but thoroughly improve the Simple English Wikipedia too. I have been using my mother's laptop and it is now totally bad after 7 years. I have had to borrow laptops from school mates and use my mobile phone. At times, I lose hours of work on my mobile and have to painstakingly work through its limitations. The process of translating from English Wikipedia to Simple Wikipedia and translating file descriptions on Commons is also a hard knot as there are restrictions to the tabs I can make. A laptop will impact my input on Wikimedia projects and make my community work more productive and effective. Sometimes I have ideas, trainings and programs and can't just make it happen because I lack a computer.
I am the president of Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin where I engage over 30(now 100+ after our launching) students in contributing to Wikimedia projects. I am a very active member of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and Ilorin Wikimedia Hub. I do the brand graphics and digital posters for the aforementioned Wikimedia groups on borrowed computers.
Add the existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions that you seek to impact with this equipment.
- English Wikipedia
- Simple WIkipedia
Work you're proud ofEdit
Show us (through links) some of your best Wikimedia work, on or off wiki, to help us get a sense for the kind of work you do. (no more than 3 or 4 links at most, please.)
- Co-organizer in Nigeria,Wiki Loves Africa
- The contributions Wikimedia's open-source has helped me to make and their impact measured by pageviews
- I'm most proud of my opportunity to be the founding president of the Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club, it has recruited student editors in my school and beyond.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS ON BEHALF OF A WIKIMEDIA AFFILIATE (i.e. to be owned by a Wikimedia affiliate rather than an individual), please type your affiliate name below, and add a link to your affiliate's public equipment tracking page.
- Affiliate name
- Public equipment tracking page
- Support I'm the vice-president of the Wikimedia Fan club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club, where I have seen Danidamiobi go through some undesirable conditions in other to meet the needs of the club with regards to the use of a Computer. The acquisition of this hardware will also enable him guide new members of the club on the intricacies of the Wikimedia Foundation with ease. Haylad (talk) 05:58, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support I'm a member of the Wikimedia Fan club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club, where I met Danidamiobi and how he faces a lot of limitations and challenges editing Wikipedia from his mobile phone. I believe that if he acquires the hardware, he will be able to start new projects and contribute more, considering his position as a leader of the University club. Timmylegend (talk) 17:14, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support I am a member of Wikimedia Fan club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club and I've seen Daniel work hard contributing to Wikipedia, every now and then, and for the fact he has to lend a laptop,his potentials are not fully explored. I believe a laptop will go a long way in helping him contribute more. Biggiepopa (talk) 17:11, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support I am a member of Wikimedia Fan club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club. Danidamiobi, I know if given the device, he will be more committed to Wikimedia's projects. He works diligently and that can be seen from the recent launch of the Wikimedia Unilorin hub. MaryamOke (talk) 22:00, 13 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support I am a member of the Ilorin Wikimedia Hub and Wikimedia fan club Unilorin where Danidamiobi is the President of the Wikimedia Fan Club Unilorin, I believe if given the laptop, he would be able to create more articles and help more people by guiding them properly on how to create and edit an article using a laptop. Using a phone to do this wastes time and stresses one out. This would bring more active users to Wikipedia. Teemah 24 (talk)
- Support I am a member of the Wikimedia Fan club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club. I was introduced to Wikimedia by Danidamiobi and who is also the President of the Wikimedia Fan Club,University of Ilorin. I have also seen the inconvenience not having a laptop can be for him, yet he keeps striving. Getting a laptop will not only increase the value he can add to Wikimedia but will also facilitate the easy running of projects for the club as a whole. Not to forget that getting the laptop will make it easier for him to invite and guide new members of the club on what it takes to be a part of the Wikimedia foundation. AmazonModAmazonMod (talk) 07:57, 15 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support As a member of the Wikimedia fan club, Unilorin I have seen how hard Danidamiobi works on all the Wikimedia projects. He actually introduced me to editing and he has guided me and all the other members through the entire process. He also takes on a heavy workload, at times more than he should. I believe if he can be given a good laptop which works well unlike the 7 year old one he currently uses, it will increase his ability to contribute to the Wikimedia projects.Bilijin (talk) 09:14, 16 June 2018 (UTC)
- Support I am MubarakSulayman, a Wikimedia Fan club, University of Ilorin Wikimedia Fan Club member. Ever since I have known Danidamiobi contributing to Wikipedia, it has always being on his phone except for some few cases when he is opportune to get a laptop borrowed. I am sure if he has a laptop he will do better.MubarakSulayman (talk) 21:30, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
You are encouraged to track the impact this equipment has helped you make. This encourages WMF to donate more hardware.