Harassment consultation 2015/en-ca
This Consultation is now closed, but the conversation about harassment and the process of building solutions is far from over. The Community Advocacy team is reviewing proposals, and will be posting a summary of this process in late January. This will accompany the release of the results of the 2015 harassment survey. If you have a new idea, or an important point to make on these proposals, don't hesitate to email Patrick Earley (pearleywikimedia.org). Subsequent, more focused consultations will follow in 2016. We thank all for joining in the process, whether you proposed an idea, or helped expand on an idea through discussion. We also commend the participants for approaching this problem in a collegial and constructive manner :). The Community Advocacy Team 21:16, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
Harassment and civility issues are a growing concern in internet-based communities, and the Wikimedia projects are no exception. The Wikimedia communities have for years explored solutions to these issues on individual projects, but it is an ongoing struggle.
This is the first of several planned consultations on this topic, intended to provide a place to discuss ideas, concerns, proposals and possible solutions regarding Wikimedia communities’ harassment-related challenges.
How can you participate?
This is not a space to report specific instances of harassment; those are best reported through the existing channels on your project. You are welcome to make statements about your experiences as long as situations are anonymized. Please do not name other users. Please observe the Friendly Space Expectations when sharing your thoughts or discussing those of others.
What thoughts do you have on the issue of harassment on our projects? Subjects might include:
- Observations about current approaches on our projects or elsewhere - what works, what doesn't;
- Potential new or modified solutions or approaches to resolving issues on our projects.
- Thoughts on the impact, if any, harassment has on Wikimedia projects and contributors.
All thoughts are welcome. We hope, eventually, to craft together actionable movement-wide resources for assisting with these issues.
Community Advocacy, Wikimedia Foundation
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/An outside observer on the arbitration committee
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Interwiki link removal problems in Wikidata
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Every accounts of a banned user must be find and blocked
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Redesign dispute resolution
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Annual training
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Unfettered right of reply
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Contributor Covenant
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Code of Conduct
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Ally Skills workshop
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Vriendelijke virtuele ruimte verwachtingen
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Policy
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Make it easier for users to remove offensive material
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Case Study of the Meredith Kercher Topic
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Administradores da Wikipédia lusófona são extremamente rudes e parciais
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Denunciar usuari@s con comportamientos machistas.
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Apply the Wikimedia rules on the Wikimedia IRC dedicated channels
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Blocked indefinitely
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Mateus Figueira Cuango
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Technical measures to reduce harassment
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Communication and collaboration
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/First : no denial or silence about it
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Twisting is Harassment
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Use science and talk to experts
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Quick "canned" replies to encourage positive interactions among users
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Not a black and white issue
- Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Hire a harassment expert