Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Redesign dispute resolution
Project idea edit
What is the problem you're trying to solve? edit
Dispute resolution processes are not working well on many WMF wikis.
- Relying on crowd management of disputes without the involvement of trained facilitators is prolonging disputes and giving uneven outcomes for similar disputes.
- Current dispute resolution processes can be a venue for harassment.
- Current dispute resolution processes can trigger an individual to engage in long term cross wiki harassment without an effective method to address it.
- Community managed dispute resolution without consultation with outside experts can reinforce systemic biases because many WMF wikis communities do not represent the world community.
What is your solution? edit
- Establish a Dispute Resolution Redesign working group with community members and outside experts that studies dispute resolution and makes recommendations to the WMF Board of Trustees.
- The WMF Board of Trustees passes a resolution directing WMF wiki communities to make changes to dispute resolution.
- WMF staff will be assigned to support the working group during the study and recommendation phase.
- WMF resources (funding and staff) will be directed towards the execution of the recommendations that are accepted by the WMF Board of Trustees.
- Discuss this idea at: Talk:Harassment consultation 2015/Ideas/Redesign dispute resolution
- Return to the Consultation main page