Gungbe Wikimedians User Group
Gungbe Wikimedians User Group is a user-group dedicated to promoting Wikimedia projects in Gun(Gungbe) language. The Gun language is a language in the Gbe languages group. It is spoken by the Ogu people in Nigeria and Benin Republic. The group is open to membership by all interested individuals.
- To increase the visibility of Gungbe language on the internet.
- To promote awareness of Wikimedia projects related to Gungbe language in Nigeria and Benin.
- To establish the development of Wikimedia projects in Gungbe language via the Wikimedia Incubator, and nurture them to become full projects.
- To promote editing of Wikimedia projects in Gungbe language by organizing events and activities, and recruiting new editors.
- To promote the development of structured data among Gungbe language editors by utilizing Wikidata.
- To equip editors of projects in Gungbe language with the skill and ability for the continuous development of Wikimedia projects.
This user group plans to hold and support the following activities:
- Meetings: the user group will be organising meet-ups for its members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
- Trainings/Edit-a-thons: to help new Wikipedians learn editing techniques, to create, translate and improve content in all Wikimedia projects or work on and develop a certain topic which will in return promote the project.
- Editing contests: the group will be organizing editing contests to encourage existing regular editors to keep editing Wikimedia projects and also encourage non-members/users to join.
- Photographic Contest and Trips: the group will also organise trips and contests to encourage users to upload and document files to commons which will be used in all Wikimedia projects.
|WikiActivate Gungbe||Meetup followed by Training/Edit-a-thon to Create and improve contents/articles on Gungbe Wikipedia in Incubator||20 Aug 2021 - 30 Sep 2021||Physical/Virtual|
Ongoing planned activitiesEdit
|Meeting/Translate-a-thon||Meetup followed by Translate-a-thon to Create and improve contents/articles on Gungbe Wikipedia in Incubator||1 Dec 2021 - 21 Dec 2021||Physical/Virtual|
|Gungbe on Translatewiki||Meetup followed by editathon to translate 500 gungbe phrases on translatewiki.net||8 Jan 2022 - 12 Jan 2022||Physical/Virtual|
|Gungbe lexeme on Wikidata||Training/Edithaton on adding gungbe lexeme on Wikidata||To be determined||Physical/Virtual|
|Gungbe labels on Wikidata||Training/Edithaton on adding gungbe labels on Wikidata||To be determined||Physical/Virtual|
- Primary Contact
Simply typing four tildes (~), like this:
~~~~ below the numbered list, will automatically generate your signature and date stamp. You are encoraged to sign-up and be a member or send a quick mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samatics (talk) 06:39, 26 June 2021 (UTC)
- Yemi festus (talk) 12:22, 26 June 2021 (UTC)
- Biowikician (talk) 15:44, 28 June 2021 (UTC)
- Egiebizzy (talk) 18:38, 30 June 2021 (UTC)
- Misteld (talk) 11:41, 3 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hunpatinjob (talk) 19:31, 4 July 2021 (UTC)
- Anthonymodec (talk) 19:36, 4 July 2021 (UTC)
- DonKevin (talk) 11:33, 10 July 2021 (UTC)
- Jahkuitwill (talk) 15:05, 10 July 2021 (UTC)
- Gadarawamo (talk) 19:07, 2 August 2021 (UTC)
- Opeolade (talk) 09:42, 24 October 2021 (UTC)
- Joshateji (talk) 08:20, 7 November 2021 (UTC)
- Timyewhy1 (talk) 07:45, 8 November 2021 (UTC)
- Sagbosam (talk) 15:40, 11 November 2021 (UTC)
- Successrace (talk) 17:09, 12 November 2021 (UTC)
- Ydamilola (talk) 17:14, 12 November 2021 (UTC)
- Samliverj (talk) 07:47, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Ogbasaramu (talk) 08:33, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Pingponging (talk) 09:07, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Wikitician (talk) 18:03, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- T-mighty1 (talk) 18:06, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Jonywikis (talk) 12:51, 31 January 2022 (UTC)
- Ennywikician (talk)