Grants talk:Project/Rapid/The 2020 Afrocine Contest Nigeria
Hello Haylad, thank you for submitting this Rapid Grant proposal. We are happy to see the community in Nigeria joining the 2020 Afrocine Contest! We have reviewed your proposal and have the following follow up question:
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B96k62CHCFcFvoLVo7Fy0oxH751hY6sV3mVKWgArJR4/edit?usp=sharing
Hi RSharma (WMF), at the moment, we will not be organizing any in-person event as it will be not absolutely safe to organize one in Nigeria, If there be any change in our decision, we would seek your approval and follow all the required protocols. However, we will be organizing virtual trainings for new or interested editors on the english wikipedia and the 3 Nigerian language wikipedia platforms. Thanks. Haylad (talk) 16:49, 22 September 2020 (UTC)
- Hello Haylad, Thank you for clarifying about the in-person events. We have further comments for the proposal:
- Can you update the link for the project page in the proposal?
- You have budgeted around 970 USD for local prizes. Since this expense is higher than what we approve for similar projects, we would request you to reduce it to 500 USD and reflect that in the proposal.
- Can you explain more about the budget allocated for branding and airtime for Communications?
- Hi RSharma (WMF),
- The project page has been updated.
- The prizes for local prizes has been reduced.
- The branding is to reach out to a larger number of people via social media promotions on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We also plan to make branded shirts for team members. Communications is to facilitate calls among project organisers and to reach out to interested participants. We plan to use this registration Link to recruit new members. We also plan to partly fund some members internet subscription If the need arises, this is to make sure they are motivated to join the online workshops and trainings. It is imperative I let you know we would be having trainings in the Three (3) Nigerian Language Wikipedia and the English Wikipedia as well. Haylad (talk) 16:42, 30 September 2020 (UTC)