Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Icem4k/Art & Feminism Edit-a-thaon
Comments from WMFEdit
Hello Icem4k, thank you for submitting a Rapid Grant request. We’re excited to see that you are going to organize a series of edit-a-thons at the University of Zambia! I have reviewed your proposal and have the following questions and comments.
- The total budget in your local currency (ZMW) is missing both in the detailed budget section and in the probox. Would you please edit and add this amount?
- It’s great that you are planning to promote your project via social media. Do you have a specific strategy? Will you be targeting specific groups of people when promoting the event?
- Will each of your workshops combine training on Wikidata and Wikipedia, or you’ll have separate events for those Wikimedia projects?
- Will you be using the Outreach Dashboard when monitoring your events? Will you prepare a list of articles and Wikidata items of Zambian women to edit at the events?
- @DSaroyan (WMF) Hi thanks for the response.
- I have updated the local Currency
- Yes we are targeting the University students first of all and we are using the university radio station to promote the events. We are also targeting interested parties these are librarians and writers.
- The time table has divided each session into 2hr. The first 2hr we will do Wikipedia and the other 2hrs we will do Wikidata.
- An outreach dashboard has been created already to monitor progress of the editors. Yes a list of articles has been prepared this will help us have a guideline in order to avoid people writing articles that will be rejected at the end of the day.
Request to move the closeEdit
Hi, due to the current pandemic in world this has affected the project thus a project manager I wanted to move to online but the participants felt that it wasn't to be helpful cause they might not have data to be on a conference call so in line with directive from the foundation i wish to move my events to September 18th and 25 respectively hopefully it would have cooled down I couldn't cancel the events because the participants really want to finish this off and also the venue will not give me a refund but have allowed to reschedule my events. Now i wish to move the close date of this grant to 1 October 2020 if that is acceptable.
Best wishes --Isaac Kanguya✌ (talk) 07:13, 27 March 2020 (UTC)