Grants talk:PEG/WM TW/Creating A Room of WikiWomen's Own/Report
Hi Shangkuanlc and Reke. Thank you for this report and all your efforts on the project. It’s exciting to see that there was a core group of women that participated in the meetings and have continued to edit, and that you managed to organize them so regularly. We are happy to approve this report. We also have a few follow-up comments/questions and look forward to your responses:
- WMTW’s approach as being a supportive partner, but not directive, is very commendable and most likely contributed a lot to your success. Supporting new volunteers to take ownership and develop leadership in organizing activities is very important and we appreciate the efforts you made to make this happen.
- You wrote that you are working on a new campaign to raise awareness and engage more women. We are excited to know more about what you are thinking.
- Beyond the How to Edit Wikipedia brochure, what materials are needed next? There may be something that exists already that can be translated.
- Understanding lower participation rates by married women will be a challenging project as the reasons are most likely complex. It’s a great that you want to understand this issue better. We are happy to talk with you (perhaps in Berlin?) more about surveys to better understand your community (and potential editing community). Did you collect any type of feedback from the women that participated in this project?
- Thank you for writing a bilingual report!
- Thank you, Alex. I think I need Shangkuanlc to help me translate my replying. Or maybe you can read Chinese.
- 簡要來說，我們目前的新方向是推動「當紅女人 (Women in Red)」計畫。除了聚會的參與者自己寫，也會試著尋求跟台灣的女子高中合作，由學生來撰寫知名的校友。
- 我們最近收到 Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon 的邀請信，正在著手翻譯她們所出版的教學簡報檔。
- 說個題外話，差一點點你在柏林不能見到我跟上官了。我們兩個本來想讓其中一人留在台灣，將機會讓給在台灣推廣醫學翻譯、台灣分會去年新上任的理事前往，沒想到他填了報名之後，我們才得知今年各分會只有一個名額。幸好後來上官有拿到額外的名額。關於聚會參與者的反饋，我們有一名聚會參與者主動說她想做這個調查，也設計好了問卷，上個月開始請大家填寫。我想這幾個月我們會記得統計跟分析，讓上官在柏林能跟你分享。--Reke (talk) 08:42, 5 January 2017 (UTC)