Grants talk:PEG/WM NO/Nordic Chapter Meeting 2012/Report
Question about the financial report and surplus fundsEdit
I am a bit confused by the budget presented in this request. It appears (from my reading of the budget) that WMNO in fact has NOK 1214 funds remaining. WMNO will need to return the funds to WMF or submit a request in writing to reallocate these funds for another purpose. This is how I have calculated the surplus based on actual expenses: 2800 + 6300 + 1400 + 1168 + 2618 = 14286, and 15500 - 14286 = 1214. If I am misinterpreting your financial statement, please clarify. If I have the facts correct, please let us know if you are planning on returning the surplus funds or requesting reallocation, and update the grant report accordingly.
Question about Nordic Wikimedia YearbookEdit
Would you be able to expand upon the potential impact of the yearbook project? We understand that this grant did not fund that project directly, but the planning for that project was one successful outcome of this grant, and so it would help us to understand better the impact expected.
Clarification on outcomes of this projectEdit
After reading your report, it seems that some of the project goals were not achieved. This is our understanding:
- Out of the 4 expected outcomes listed in your grant proposal, the following was achieved: significant progress on preparing the facebook.
Request for updatesEdit
Please commit to providing updates on the following outcomes within 6 months:
- Saami project
- Nordic Wikimedia yearbook
- FSCONS Outreach
- Nordic Council application
We do understand that the planning for these projects is ongoing, so please provide us with updates as you progress or let us know if you conclude that you will not pursue any of these projects. This will help us better understand the impact of this meeting.
- Hi, the answer and status for the six projects discussed at the Oslo meeting, is that three of them are already successfully realized, whereas two projects are still in shaping, and one project idea is abandoned. Status is as follows:
- Saami project - discussions, not concluded yet.
- Joint safari event - not realized.
- Nordic Wikimedia yearbook - realized and successful. Printed and distributed by Wikimedia Sweden.
- FSCONS Outreach - realized and successful, there was a Wikimedia program at the FSCONS in Gothenburg in 2012, as agreed.
- Nordic Council application - under discussion. The most relevant direction is to apply for a Nordic WLM project funding.
- GLAM event cross-border - realized and successful through the Wikipedia Academy 2012 in Oslo and follow-up (Nor, Swe, Den)
- Kind regards, Bjoertvedt (talk) 22:16, 1 January 2013 (UTC)
Hi grant committee. The report is now finished. It is a report of a meeting where WMSE, WMNO and WMDK met to dicsuss projects, but it is not a report of the projects as such. In a report for spending NOK 8.500 (USD ~ 1.200), I think it is grossly in excess to start reporting widely on the impact of the projects. The submission was for the first formal multi-chapter meeting, and accounting is now done on costs aswell. If the grants committee thinks that this submission warrants extended assessments of the impact of the Yearbook, I think that would have to be done in the reporting of the yearbook. There is a link to the yearbook, and it is basically impossible to say much of its impact as long as it is not yet circulated. Kind regards, Bjoertvedt (talk) 21:56, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, Erlend: Thanks for clarifying the financials in this report. I think there has been a misunderstanding about our requests for updates above: we are not asking for updates on the projects themselves, merely updates on the planning processes for each project. This is because we want to be able to assess what kind of impact this meeting actually had in terms of moving your projects forward.
- Regarding the yearbook project specifically, we are only asking for a brief statement of what the expected results will be. We are not asking for a complete project report: we just want to better understand what the purpose of that project is and how it relates to the impact of this meeting since in your statement of impact you do specifically mention the yearbook. (We are particularly interested in this project since it seems to have been the only project on which significant progress was made at this meeting.)
- Wolliff (talk) 20:45, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
Erlend: Thank you for the updates on the projects stemming from this meeting. We hope to receive future updates on the remaining 2 projects, as they develop. In the mean time, this report is accepted! Regards, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 18:29, 2 January 2013 (UTC)