Moved to draftEdit
Hello! I moved this report to "Draft" status since it seems to barely have been started. Once it's complete, please mark it "Under review." It's currently past due, so we hope to see it completed soon. Regards, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 22:06, 8 July 2013 (UTC)
The report mentions the value of the teleconferencing system in getting chapter members engaged. In some verbal conversations, I've heard rather contradictory opinions of the value of the teleconferencing system: it seemed it is still quite difficult to get more than minimal participation across the country. This also aligns with your stated learning of focusing on smaller regions at a time. Could you perhaps offer a more nuanced reflection of the value of the (paid) teleconferencing solution, and of its actual contribution to WMCA? Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 23:20, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
- I firmly believe, when we were getting started, if we did not have the teleconference tool, we would not have moved forward. The tool enabled less technical individuals to participant. It allowed us to focus on the tasks of building the chapter instead of investing countless hours trying to remotely support a participant's computer set up. Over the longer term we were able to establish a trust amongst the participants and work out a more cost effective solution. The moment we were able to make this transition, we acted swiftly, which resulted in a budget surplus on this grant. Alan.ca (talk) 01:00, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
This report is missing financial information. Please report on your expenses with respect to the items listed in your original grant submission.
- $2000.00 @ $100.00 / month - wikimedia.ca
- $500.00 (2 years) - SSL Certificate for wikimedia.ca, required as the site will collect personal information and handle donations.
- $1200.00 @ $60.00 / month - Teleconference meeting tool (Used for Board, director, outreach and member meetings)
- $1000.00 Promotional items & office supplies (cheques, business cards and other swag)
- $1500.00 Medical student outreach (Travel costs for medical doctor director to reach Ontario universities and present)
Update for currency and reallocations approved on talk pageEdit
I have fixed the grant report it had the following issues:
1. 5 receipts were missing for the approved 3 months of web hosting, accountant fees and PO Box. They have been e-mailed to the grants team.
2. The conversion from USD and CAD was putting unaccounted currency rate change costs off the books. I have corrected it in a very simple way: I took the amount we declared receiving in CAD back in 2011. I subtracted the total of all of our receipts in CAD. I then took the remaining figure, our cash on hand surplus and converted it back to USD based on our bank exchange rate as of today. You will see these figures in the grant report under the financial table.
Please bear in mind, because of changing exchange rates and that our budget breakdown was originally in USD in 2011, but was dispersed in CAD over 2 years, the breakdown of budget/surplus per line item is only an approximation. Alan.ca (talk) 04:05, 6 September 2013 (UTC)