Discussion / CommentsEdit
I don't want to be destroying this request, I like WLM very much and I am in favour of supporting it. My problem here is that I am torn: The request looks okay, the event is a good one. But the amounts are disturbing me - both ~8.000 USD and ~4.000 USD is a whole lot of money! Let's try to take things apart:
- Opening Event: This is a no-brainer, some travel costs which support directly the community I am fine with.
- Promotional Material: I am okay with the item itself, even though I think it is quite ambitious what you plan. I think half of the material will do as well, you might end up with a lot of material and not able to distribute all of it. The amount of material and money is more than in of all other WLM and similar projects I know about.
- Prizes: I have a real issue with that. In Austria we have made several award ceremonies, spending zero on prizes. I'd expect prizes to be sponsored. You don't need to give a photo camera as a first prize - it's nice if someone sponsors you one (as we had it in Austria) but I would never buy one from donors money. I am okay with the souveniers and the certificates, though.
- Travel costs for award ceremony - no-brainer, see Opening Event.
- Photo Exhibition: It's great. Good value for the money, I guess you could even sell the nicely prepared pcitures afterwards - which should be part of your budget.
- Additional Costs: Quite high but okay.
- Hi Manuel.
- Thank you for good words.
- Regarding the amount of money for prizes: our WLM coordinating group have verbal agreement with well known organization for prizes, but last moment the organization refused to sponsor.
Post-Evaluation Summary of remaining CommentsEdit
Evaluation by the GACEdit
GAC Members who read the grant request without commentsEdit
GAC Members who approve this grant requestEdit
- The budget seems to me reasonable. Considering also the great job done by WM Armenia for WLM, I think that this money will be well spent. --Ilario (talk) 08:22, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
- I agree with Ilario. The amounts in the budget are reasonable for WLM and the list of planned activities is promising for successful project.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 13:19, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
- Hoping that souvenirs & certificates would help editor retention :-) --Frieda (talk) 20:13, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
GAC Members who oppose this grant requestEdit
GAC Members who abstain from voting/commentEdit