Grants talk:PEG/Tinucherian and Shijualex/Wiki Community development in India and newsletter/Report
Completion date for this reportEdit
Hello, Shiju and Tinu: Thanks for starting this report! Would you be able to let us know when you think it may be considered complete and ready for review? Thanks, Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 17:42, 27 December 2012 (UTC)
Returning unused fundsEdit
Hello, Shiju and Tinu: Thank you for this comprehensive report. We look forward to reviewing it and delivering comments soon.
You may wire the remaining funds here once you finalize the amount:
- Account name - Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
- CITIBANK, N.A.
- 590 Market St.
- San Francisco, CA 94104
- A/C # 202 979 753
- ROUTING/ABA # 321 171 184
- SWIFT CODE # CITIUS33
Questions and comments about this grant reportEdit
Thank you for this report. We are still awaiting the receipts. In the mean time, we have a few questions and comments:
- Please answer "Yes" or "No" to the question Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Regarding undocumented expenses,
- We can reimburse you for mileage for car journeys if you provide us with a list of dates of the journeys, the purpose of each journey, and the distances traveled (including point of departure and point of arrival).
- We can reimburse you for meals and incidental expenses if you provide us with the dates of the meals and approximate cost of each meal. Normally, we would like these expenses to be documented more precisely but we understand that in this case it might be very difficult to do this after the fact.
- Please add these amounts to your budget table to calculate the total amount spent before confirming the amount you will remit to WMF. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions about this.
- This is done.
- Since the period of operation of this grant amount is more than 2 years and since the number of events are many and since the number of people involved are many, now it is almost impossible to get details about these unbilled expenses. We forgot most of these. So we do not want to claim this amount from WMF. It was a mistake from our part that we didn't asked for this or not earmarked some amount for these type of expenses in the grant request. We recommend that for the future similar grant requests (atleast from India), allocate some amount for these type of "no bill" expenses. It is almost impossible for volunteers to produce bills for few things especially if they are doing events in some rural or some small cities
- Hi, Shiju: We're sorry that you and your colleagues ended up paying these project expenses out of pocket.
- We've now documented a policy on this, to make sure that grantees know how to document these expenses: Grants:Index/Documenting project expenses.
Hello, Tinu and Shiju: This report is accepted. Please let us know once you've wired the funds back to WMF so that we may notify our accounting department about when to expect them. Thank you for your report and your work for the movement! Winifred Olliff (Grants Administrator) talk 18:18, 16 January 2013 (UTC)