GAC member statusEdit
- Polimerek (talk) 06:15, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- Very well done request.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 09:19, 27 June 2013 (UTC)
- I support this request, although I would have loved to keep Maarten in South Africa for our WLM (",) --Thuvack (talk) 15:18, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
Waiting for more detailsEdit
I generally support the project. However I am courious why Belgian team is so international (including person from South Africa...)? Normally local WLM editions are organized by local team. Can you explain why do you need foregin team members? Polimerek (talk) 22:26, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hey Polimerek, thanks for your comment.
- The project team has shown its involvement in the Belgium organisation, eg. in the set up of WM BE. English is used in most discussions. Some way the team is local but dispersed over multiple countries. I guess this is related to the international standing of Brussels, Belgium's capital.
- The team setup is similar to the one last year. WLM BeLux 2012 was mainly organised online (no events, difficult communication with organisations, complicated judging) and resulted in less participation then 2011 (eg. uploads). This caused some problems and we considered this not to be the way forward. One of the main goals is "capacity building" so we opted to allow all organisors to be present on the start-up meeting beginning September. We checked the options, eg. on accomodation in Brussels, and we believe we kept the impact on the budget limited. MADe (talk) 13:18, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
Terms for ApprovalEdit
The grant proposal looks promising, and I applaud your success in securing external funding. We are prepared to fund it if the Project Management item, which seems just a little excessive, is cut down to $2000. Please confirm this is acceptable and we may proceed. Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 18:17, 5 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hey Asaf, thanks. We are really happy with the external support, as I mentioned the venue in the Cinquantenaire is superb.
- As for the proj managment cost, tax levels in Belgium are known to be very high (see Tax_Freedom_Day in which Belgium is elaborated on), which explains the high cost.
- Together with Dumi's comments, I propose to change the "Compensation for team" from 35 to 20€ pp, and the proj managment costs from 2500€ to 1750€ (=7 working days). If ok, I will adjust the proposal. It lowers the grant amount from 5180 to 4340, around half of the total costs. MADe (talk) 09:51, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
This grant looks really good, congratulations for securing external sponsorship. I have two concerns with your Budget:
- The project management component looks really large for half days, even by European standards. I think you need to reduce this inline with the proposal above.
- I would also reduce the per head amount for the team thank you dinner, down to €30 instead of the requested €35.
Request change in grantEdit
Hey, we would like to keep you up to date with this grant request. Parts 1 and 2 were budgetted quite correctly.
Thanks to a fortune set of circumstances, we were able to avoid the majority of the travel costs in Part 3. At the other hand, we realise that we got a lot of high quality images and good photographers that participated, and would like to give all uploaders in the top-10 a prize. We will give 6 extra prizes of 50€, is 300€.
We would like to propose the following changes:
- decrease travel costs for the award session: minus 900€, to 300€
- increase the money availble for awards: plus 300€ to 900€
from WMF (EUR)
|costs borne by
external party (EUR)
|Total costs (EUR)|
|Part 1: July meeting of the project volunteers|
|Part 2: September start-up meeting|
|Part 3: Judging session|
|Gift packages for the judges||150||210||360|
|Part 4: October Award Session|
|Catering during the reception||460||460|
|Venue rental + crew hire||1250||1250|
|Compensation for team (diner)||120||120|
|Part 5: General costs|
|Project Management Costs||1750||1750|