Grants talk:PEG/Ahmed Mohi El din/Egypt Wikimedians user group/Education Program End-of-term celebration conference
GAC members who support this requestEdit
- --MikyM (talk) 20:22, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
- Alleycat80 (talk) 21:51, 23 April 2015 (UTC) support, but I'd really love to see a written report about successes and actions of the Education Program.
- --DerekvG (talk) 17:37, 24 April 2015 (UTC) as per Ilario "some citation needed"
- rubin16 (talk) 12:14, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- --Hasive • talk • 06:41, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
GAC members who oppose this requestEdit
GAC members who abstain from voting/commentEdit
Congratulations on a successful project! The results are amazing. In general I support your submission: awards for good work always stimulates the participants. I would like to know do you have planed date for Conference? Do you have a venue? What is the main task of proposed event (is there some proposed program/topics)?--MikyM (talk) 20:30, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
"Wikipedia education Program in Egypt is one the biggest and most successful program in the whole world", In Wikipedia someone may write "citation needed". May you put in the request some links in English to have a measure of the success? The request is poor and incomplete to evaluate the impact. --Ilario (talk) 12:14, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
- Unrelated comment : @Ahmed Mohi El din, congrats with the effort to bridge the gender gap, I will also favourably look at future editions of your program, I would like to see that women start to be part of your organsing comittee, and that the men retreat to a supportive and logistics function, thus empowering women to tke the lead of your program. --DerekvG (talk) 10:24, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Hi Ahmed Mohi El din. Thanks for submitting your request and engaging with the GAC in the discussion so far. The education program in Egypt is very impressive and we're excited about all the great work that you're doing. We have a few remaining questions on the request and it would be helpful to have more details on the following:
- How often do the end of term celebrations happen --twice a year? We're asking to better understand the sustainability of having many $1,000 events.
- What were the results of this term of the education program? Number of students, articles written/improved, etc. It would be great to know how many past students have continued editing or have become ambassadors and how many repeat teachers are participating in the program.
- The measures of success listed seem targeted to the goals of the education program, and not specific to this event. In terms of measures of success for this event, we would expect to see measures such as the number of participants and qualitative measures around why holding an event like this supports the education program. Do you believe these events are a motivating factor for students? Do they support retention of student editors? Do they help spread awareness of the Education Program?
- What are the awards and how are the 50 students chosen to receive awards?
- Beyond motivating and attracting students, do you have more details on the topic of the conference? Is it a conference with an agenda and specific sessions or more of an award-giving celebration?
- Hi Alex Wang (WMF) sorry for delay, but I was out of the country.
- We have two edition every year and we make the celebration at the end of every edition.
- The measures of success must be same for the eduction program because this related to the program,these events are the only way to say thank you to the students make them feel that we appreciate them.
- Here you will find some numbers about the last edition.
- Users 220
- Editors 180
- New 156
- Female 176
- Male 44
- Edits 339
- Pages created 1175
- The 50 students are the highest numbers of edits,bytes and the featured & good articles they made.