Grants talk:IdeaLab/moderating for sexism instead of vulgarity
Interesting proposal, but I think this raises some questions that need to be addressed:
- How will sexism defined?
- Who makes the definition?
- What doesn't constitute sexism in one culture, may in another. Whose cultural views and values predominate?
- Is sexism a moral issue, and is this akin to enforcing morality?
- Is this only addressing misogyny? Radical feminists have often used misandric statements to make a larger point (e.g. Andrea Dworkin), would their statements be censored?
- Philip72 (talk) 05:53, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
Grants to improve your projectEdit
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. The deadline for draft submissions is tommorrow. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
The next open call for Project Grants will be in October 2016. You can also consider applying for a Rapid Grant, if your project does not require a large amount of funding, as applications can be submitted anytime. Feel free to ping me if you need help getting your proposal started. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 22:49, 1 August 2016 (UTC)