Grants talk:APG/Proposals/2013-2014 round2/Wikimédia France/Progress report form/Q2
Report received: thank you! edit
Thank you for submitting this complete report on time! There is a lot here, and we look forward to reading about your progress in the coming weeks! Cheers, Winifred Olliff (WMF Program Officer) talk 19:16, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
Comments from FDC Stafff edit
- As always, your report excels in sharing photos and visual material. We love seeing the photos that come from micro-grants or equipment loans!
- Your fundraising approaches have been quite successful. We appreciated you sharing the approach you used with your donor segmentation. Have you thought about adding a learning pattern?
- Congratulations on the Wiki Cheese crowdfunding!
- It’s great to see you tracking in-kind donations and to see the types of support you receive.
- It was nice to read your lessons learned under the GLAM section, though they appeared to be more about surveys rather than learning that took place.
- The decision to create a partnership policy seems to be a good one. We’ll enjoy learning from it once it is done.
- We enjoyed learning about your commitment to local ownership in projects, especially Afripedia. We’ll be pleased to see more about this in the next report.
Notes for future reports edit
- We'd love to know more about how you approach partnerships in general, and are looking forward to seeing the results from the partnership with the Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle in Lille.
We have started to structure our partnerships processes since the beginning of the 2014-2015 campaign. The first step was to establish a clear "state of the art" of the existing, past and potential partnerships. Then, there was a need for several tools to be designed :
- A partnerships policy has been written and is currently being translated : it should be soon available on Meta.
- A six steps process to build a partnership is defined in a dedicated sheet in our "guidebook for local Wikimedians groups"
- A partnership agreement template is also available for volunteers, if needed
- Former and current partnerships agreements are stored on our internal wiki, and can be used as examples by our members, if needed.
About the Musée d'Histoie Naturelle in Lille, the partnership agreement is being validated at the city level, and hopefully will be accepted and signed in Q4.
Anne-Laure WMFr (talk) 14:42, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- We’re curious to know more about your research efforts and are looking forward to learning about the results of the research.
Answer : We put a banner on french Wikipedia redirected to a project page including a link to the research. The researchers expect more than 10,000 answers. After the data collection, they will analyze the resultats and we will communicate about it. The research team sollicitated us few months ago. --MatsWMFr (talk) 15:20, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- In subsequent reports, we’d like to see any data you might have on the quality and usage of the photos you support (over 10,000 this quarter).
- Furthermore, we’re curious to know if you are able to track articles improved or bytes added/removed with support of WMFR.
Answer : We already track the articles improved and we report the data during an event on a project page on Wikipedia. About the bytes, from here, we specified the edits. --MatsWMFr (talk) 15:20, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
- When you report on what worked and what did not work, it would be interesting for us to see the trends across programs. It’s less important for us to know about a canceled event and rather understand an approach that hasn’t work, or a difficult dynamic, so that it can be a learning for the larger movement, too.
- Please do share more about your challenge in working with local groups. We're eager to learn from your approach in this area.
Answer: Hello, we are finalizing a practical guide for local groups. It has, in its first version, 20 sheets explaining the operation of local groups and processes in place to develop actions locally (partenartiats, training ...). Also, we describe all the process to conduct a local group and make it live. Each local group, we develop a process to involve members: reading grid to analyze the needs and wishes, drafting a regional action plan in line with the desires of the members ... Also, we present to them all devices proposed by the association to accompany members locally (financial, human and material). Pierre Antoine WMFr (talk) 17:03, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
- Also kindly ensure that documents linked to this report are public, like the indicator documents. :)