Grants:PEG/WM HU/Chapter Starter Kit
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimédia Magyarország
- Grant contact name
- Bence Damokos
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Board member
- Project lead name
- Tamás Mészöly
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Executive Vice President
- Full project name
- Chapter starter kit
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- July 2009
- Provisional completion date
June 2010Extended to November 2010
We don't have exact quotes yet, the amounts below are estimates.
- acquiring the wikimedia.hu domain (depending on settlement or legal fees): $100 - $1000
- brochures and other printed material: ~ $500
- promotional items: ~ $500
- online donation system: ~ $200
- Wikipedia library: ~$150
- membership cards: ~ $150
- legal aid, accounting advice: ~ $100
- domain fees: ~ $100
We would like to build up our organisational capabilities so that we can focus on mission driven programs. In the scope of this grant we would like to purchase and obtain domain names, print brochures, business/membership cards, create promotional items and set up an online donation system. We would also like to purchase and create a basic "Wikipedia library" containing the basic books (not readily available in Hungary) about Wikipedia and making them available to those interested. In addition, we have a special tax exempt status as an association of public utility, to take full advantage of the benefits of this and to understand any possible government policy changes (as part of an economy recovery plan) we would like to hire appropriate legal and accounting aid.
The goal of this project is to build up an organisational support to empower our volunteers to work freely on mission driven programs, especially outreach and wikieducation.
We would like Mike Godwin's help in acquiring the wikimedia.hu domain; we have already started discussing this issue with him in the Berlin Wikimedia conference.
Measures of successEdit
We will consider this project a success if through the course of the financial year the following objects have been obtained and used:
- an online fundraising system, constantly available, used for membership payments and donations at least ten times
- leaflets and other outreach material printed, at least 200 distributed
- promotional objects are manufactured and distributed at at least 5 different events
- business cards are printed for the board members and those who are tasked to act in the name of the chapter
- available domain names corresponding to the Hungarian names of the projects and maximum 5 others promoting our specific programs are obtained and their fees paid for the fiscal year.
- the wikimedia.hu domain is made available for our use
- the basic works (manuals, scientific studies, printed editions, etc.) on Wikipedia are purchased and made available for reading to our members and trustworthy members of the community