iopensa - Iolanda Pensa with Fabio Baioni, Simone Sala and Marta Pigazzini
Beneficiaries of four scholarship as members of Wikimania Esino Lario 2016 team. Other members of our team were at Wikimania 2015 thanks to other scholarships and supports (i.e. Wikimedia Italia and Wikimedia CH).
Our participation focused in presenting what Wikimania Esino Lario 2016 is about and in collecting hints and proposals to make it better.
- Informal meetings
- Discussion 1 Year to get your things done and to present them at Wikimania Esino Lario. Relevant hints.
- Wikimania Esino Lario 2016 presentation.
- Meeting about a possible application to the European funds for volunteers (youth program) to increase resources for scholarships.
- Meeting about Wikimania registration process.
- Meeting about the hackathon, the connectivity, and the technical requirements.
- Meeting with the Wikimania Committee.
- Opportunity for two members of our team to attend for the first time Wikimania and better understand how it works (Simone Sala – our technical chair – and Marta Pigazzini – chair for the registrations/participants).
Wikimania 2015 allowed us to discuss with previous organizers of Wikimania, with staff members of the Wikimedia Foundations who will be engaged in the event (community engagement, organizers of the hackathon and technical, communication, event), with international members of our team. It was also a chance to collect feedback and start defining in particular Wikimania 2016 program.