Grants:TPS/Zabien/EMWCon Spring 2018/Report
|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Zabien/EMWCon Spring 2018.|
The enterprise MediaWiki conference was attended solely by enthusiastic, interested and well-informed community members. Discussions happened on a very skilled, sophisticated level while still inviting newer attendees to participate in sharing their questions and topics. The overall atmosphere was highly professional, welcoming and supporting growth in learning. Without favouring single persons, to me it was especially rewarding to work with everybody from the MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group and the numerous participants from NASA.
- Blog post: How to fly the wiki way (newsletter will be published)
- Working on two best practice wikis:
- enterprisemediawiki.org for best practices within the community
- academy.wikiahoi.at (not yet published) for a brief introduction into working with Semantic MediaWiki based on defining an ontology, as well as a showcase for an ontology pattern.
Budget breakdown planned:
|Flight||Vienna – Houston roundtrip||USD 1100.00|
|Accommodation||on average USD 125 per night x 6 nights||USD 750.00|
|Event registration||USD 424.35|
Exchange rate: EUR 0.81348 and USD 1.229150 from 2018-01 Oanda
Budget breakdown real:
|Flight||Vienna – Houston roundtrip||USD 1541.54|
|Event registration||discount student rate||USD 160.39|
|VISA USA||USD 80.00|
Exchange rate: EUR 0.81703 and USD 1.223800 from 2018-04-24 Oanda
Amount left overEdit
Yes, USD 109.10 (EUR 89.14)
Documentation of presentations:
- Structuring knowledge according to "Every Page is Page One (EPPO)" (presentation page), video recording and slides.
- MediaWiki and the European GDPR (lightening talk) and slides
Thank you for this great opportunity! It's an experience I will be feeding off for a long time.