Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
I made a blog post for my experience in Wikimania 2016.
Link to the post: Blog
- I usually made a lot of mistakes while migrating the pages into translate extension. I learnt the exact mechanism at Wikimania and I will apply for a translation admin on MediaWiki and Meta-wiki. Some pages I migrated: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- While using the Parliament Diagram Tool, I encountered a bug 1, which was rectified by en:User:Slashme.
- I came to know about the CopyPatrol tool, which really proved handy for me, since I can check out the recent edits and the changes made to a particular page.
- I attended all the workshops on Wikipedia Education Program and met some WEP leaders like User:Reem Al-Kashif and User:VMasrour (WMF) with whom I shared the difficulties I faced while starting the initiative at my school, and they helped me in overcoming them. I was given some brochures which I presented to my school faculty and they promised me that they will bring new, emerging editors from our school.
- I also learnt about really helpful tools: WikiComment and Program and Events Dashboard which could come handy when students create articles on Wikipedia.
I met some really cool and really awesome Wikipedians. I would like to mention some of them.
- User:VMasrour (WMF) -- Wikipedia Education Program
- User:Reem Al-Kashif -- Wikipedia Education Program
- User:8ohit.dua -- He told me the prerequisites and technical knowledge on developing MediaWiki extensions or tools.
- User:01tonythomas -- Google Summer of Code
- User:Harvinder Chandigarh -- I shared room with him. We talked on how we could gather more and more volunteers to contribute to Wikipedia.
- User:I JethroBT (WMF) -- How to create a good bug report in Phabricator
This was the best trip of my life. Apart from the conference, I enjoyed so much in Esino Lario. It was a mesmerizing place. Meeting people face-to-face you meet on IRC is really great and different. Overall, I could not think of anything better. Thank you WMF for providing me with this glorious opportunity.