Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
This was my first Wikimania. I was delighted to talk with many Wikimedians from all over the world, and I have a great Wiki experience.
- At the time of Wikimania, DARM Challenge was active. I introduced the aim of DARM Challenge contest to many Wikipedians who did not have chance to see DARM Challenge page on Facebook or in mailing lists where I promoted this contest. The result from in live promotion of the contest was: 10 more participants on DARM Challenge.
- After conversation with user Taketa on Wikimania 2016, I get part in the project Writing week/Cultural Heritage. I translated the page on Macedonian language and I created two new articles for this contest.
- I attended many sessions and workshops, Training Historical Maps and Women and Gender Gap are some of them. I attended sessions about education and GLAM project, too.
- I had an informal meeting with Susana from Wikimedia Armenia, informing myself about Armenian educational program which is quite successful in Armenia. I want to use Armenian model of Educational Program in Macedonia. After Wikimania 2016, I had meeting with officials from Ministry of Information Society and Administration in Macedonia (I had meeting with them in April and May 2016, previously on the same subject, when the letter of intention was created and sent to schools in Macedonia), due to starting Educational Program for Wikipedia in the schools in Macedonia, in September. We started preparations of this project and negotiations about schools in Macedonia which will be included.
- My interview in media about Wikimania 2016
I met many people from CEE, and Wikimedians from all over the world. I had the chance to talk with the members of the Affiliations Committee and Wikimedia Foundation. I establish good connection for future collaboration with Wikipedians from Armenia, Republica Srpska, etc.
Thanks to WMF for the scholarship.