Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
- Numbered list item
- Numbered list item
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
I finally put up my blog site on medium, and it should be up on the Wikimedia Uk site next week.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
The link is not yet available, but we are working on creating a collaborative online wikidata editing session in the coming months.
I met a lot of great people in Wikimania, but more so, I met some great collaborators. I plan to try to do more collaborations with the Wikimedicine folks in the coming month, in helping them get more edits in the southeast Asian chapters, and also finally putting together a Wikidata edit-a-thon, now that I have returned to the states. I met a lot of people who were new and also fairly familiar with the movement. Everyone was friendly and helped me realize that I could definitely assist in helping the community, even if I was more interested in community and communication needs than editing the wikipages myself. I did feel that the time that people from Wikimedia Deutschland gave me, in regards to explaining Wikidata, will allow me to create the most impact, in regards to edit and action to creating a grant that would be valuable for getting more SF programmers to help via at least one wiki hackathon.
I just finally got back from travels and conferences, I hope that I can share more of what I create on my website actiontocreate.com in the future.