Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
Wikimedia Commons, Bengali Wikipedia, English Wikipedia, Wikivoyage
- Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I have written a blog post about my experience at Wikimania 2018. It can be found here.
- Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- I attended the sessions on Wiki Loves Monuments and learned how to organise the country specific event. I had several queries which were cleared in that session. Also learnt about the Montage tool and how to use it. These are helping me a lot as a co-organiser of Wiki Loves Monuments India 2018.
- User:Effeietsanders - Had a discussion with Effeietsanders regarding how to organise the Wiki Loves Monuments India 2018 and what should be taken care of. Had some query related to the event which he cleared.
- User:Shyamal - Requested Shyamal to become one of the judges for Wiki Loves Monuments India 2018. Discussed with him about the process of judging the images and steps that needs to be taken before the final rounds of judging. We also discussed about few possible online sessions on SVG illustrations before the main Wikigraphists Bootcamp event.
- User:Poco_a_poco - Requested Poco a poco / Diego to become one of the judges for Wiki Loves Monuments India 2018. Discussed with him about the process of judging the images and steps that needs to be taken before the final rounds of judging.
- User:Arash.pt - Attended Arash's lightning talk and it was enriching to learn how the local community in Iran is conducting events even after facing several difficulties. Had long discussions with him to learn about the scenario in his country and about their User Group. Also planned collaboration with him on some projects that need local language pronunciation help.
- User:Eldarado - Had long discussions with him to learn about his local community in Azerbaijan and the connection with neighbouring countries, specially Iran. Also planned collaboration with him on some projects that need local language pronunciation help.
- User:Dbudell - Had a long discussion with him where I learned about Wikitongues and its mission. Discussed about contributing to it videos which can be taken during some projects I am currently working on.
- User:Wassan.anmol - He was my room-mate and had lengthy discussions with him about Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, development in Wikimedia and his experiences in previous Wikimanias.
Photos of Wikimania and Cape Town uploaded by me to Commons are here.