|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Satdeep Gill/FOSSASIA'16.|
- User:Ankitashukla: She was the second TPS grantee in FOSSASIA 2016 from India and she gave a talk on collaborative spelling dictionary. I am hoping to start working on this once it gets installed on a server.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- My blog post will be included in the next community digest. Wikimedia Blog/Drafts/FOSSASIA 2016 and new editors on Wikipedia
Measures of successEdit
- 8 New editors on 4 different Wikimedia projects.
- 7 new articles using Content Translation in 4 different languages but these were the first attempts of the editors and some of them were deleted on their respective wikipedias.
- 7 out of the 8 editors had not contributed to Wikimedia projects earlier.
- 5 of them found this tool great and other said it is a good tool.
- Feedback: Integrated translators and mobile version of this tool were requested.
The following expenses were directly paid by the WMF:
- Return flight = 494.20 USD
- Accommodation for 4 nights = 553.43 USD
- Speaker Ticket = 237.18 USD
The following expenses will be reimbursed:
- Visa expenses = ~32 USD
- Local Transport = 44.43 USD (In Singapore) + 8.5 USD (In India)
- Food = ~ 53 Dollars
Amount left overEdit
I did not receive any grant before hand.