Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, Wikimedia Outreach, Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I have created a blog post about the Education Pre-conference and the Education Program at Wikipedia Education Program: una oportunidad de innovación educativa
- Anna Koval, WMF: Exchange of ideas about Wikipedia Education Program
- Alex Stinson, WMF: The Wikipedia Library Projects Manager exchange of experiences on the Wikipedia ambassador program
- User:Charles Jeffrey Danoff: talked about teaching experiences with Wikipedia and about free content.
- Abbey Ripstra, Lead User Experience Researcher: talked about civility
- Johan Jönsson, Community Liason: talked about the importance of Wikimania
- User:Rosiestep: We talked about the gender gap and shared our experiences.
- Oved Cohen, Wikimedia Israel: exchanged experiences on Wiki Loves Earth, helped me with WLE Uruguay, gave me tips
- User:Pocoapoco, Wikimedia España, talked about Wikimedia Commons and his contributions, helped me with WLE Uruguay, as a juror
- User:Cactusinred, future Wikipedia ambassador: talked about the Education Program
- User:B.jars, future Wikipedia ambassador: talked about evaluation tools in the Education Program
I have made connections with different educators from Mexico who are interested in using Wikipedia in their classes and creating a Wikipedia Education project and in the gender gap. I will be a mentor.
I was a panelist in two panels:
- one panel in the Education Pre-conference on Latin American experiences organized by Melina Masnatta on Wednesday July 15, and
- one in Wikimania, on Program Pitfalls, Protocols and Prior Planning organized by Anna Koval.
- Besides, I helped with the workshops organization and translated from Spanish into English and from English into Spanish.