Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Grants:PEG/FloNight & Rosiestep/WikiConference North America 2016: Decided during Wikimania, en:user:FloNight, en:user:DrMel and I applied for a grant -- for WikiConference North America. (DrMel subsequently dropped off the grant.) This is my first grant application. There is a wonderful planning committee assembled and we are diligently to towards developing a great conference.
- en:Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red/Meetup/18: I met May Hashem at Learning Days, she invited me and my team, Women in Red, (WiR) to participate in the Wikipedia and United Nations Women Project in August, and I said yes: 12 July - 12 August, and on 12 August, I'll be at the United Nations Headquarters to facilitate the in-person editathon.
- en:User:Rosiestep/100wikidays: after chatting with Vassia during Learning Days, I decided to make the #100wikidays commitment. Today is day #40.
- Lightening Talk at Learning Days (about 50 people)
- Presentation on Content Gender Gap (about 100 people)
- Facilitated Discussion Room on Gender Gap, the Way Forward (about 50 people)
- Facilitated Discussion Room on Global South, the Way Forward (about 50 people)
- Met Ewan (Scotland), Wikipedian in Residence in Scotland. WiR had previously collaborated with him on Spy Week, and we agreed to coordinate future events together.
- Met Adam Cuerden (Scotland), who had improved some images for WiR previously, and he has subsequently improved lots of them for us!
- Met Rich Farmbrough (England), who had done some metrics for WiR previously, and we discussed how to move it forward.
- Met Camelia Boban (Italy), and we discussed how to create a Women in Red in Italy. And we have had subsequent emails.
- Met several Affiliate leaders during Affiliate office hours, and had conversations with them about issues affecting their Chapters.