Welcome back from Wikimania 2017!
- English Wikipedia
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- I attended several AffCom meetings during Wikimania and shared that information with the AffCom team thereafter. This included my presentation on Group Consensus Building during Learning Days, and issues pertaining to conflict mediation. As I can't provide a link regarding AffCom business, please check-in with Jaime Anstee, WMF, Affiliations Committee Liaison, for further information.
- I was a co-organizer and the Safety Team chair for the WikiConference North America pre-conference. I submitted the Safety report to Trust & Safety team and also engaged in numerous subsequent learning experience conversations with WCNA co-organizers and T&S folks. I can't provide a link to the report; please check-in with James Alexander, WMF, Manager Trust & Safety, for further information. I subsequently volunteered to be a member of the Accessibility Team at WikidataCon in Berlin in October.
- Met with the Whose Knowledge team and attended their session. Women in Red has subsequently agreed to support their March 2018 photo drive.
- I met with Amanda Rust, advisor for my Wikipedia Visiting Scholar at Northeastern University position, for the first time and we spoke about the work I'm doing and the possibility of adding NU structured data to Wikidata. This led me to apply for WikidataConf while having breakfast with Lydia Pintscher, and happily, my application was accepted.
- I met with Benoit Rochon, WMCA, and he expressed eagerness to be involved in WikiConference North America 2018. I met with Ivay Martinez and and Salvador Alcantar who agreed to host WikiConference 2019 in Mexico.
- I met with Mervat Salman and Peter Meyer to talk about further collaborations between WMDC and WM Levant.
- I met Molly White for the first time and talked about many things under the sun. I also met Charles Matthews for the first time. Years ago, he mailed to me Diccionario biográfico, geográfico e histórico de Venezuela (1957), by Ramón Armando Rodríguez, and I hold up that book every time I do a presentation regarding content gender gap as women make up on 3.6% of the biographies in Rodríguez's encyclopedia.
- LiAnna Davis invited me to WikiEdu Foundation the next time I'm in San Francisco.
- At the #100WikiDays Luncheon, I talked about my #100wikidays experience which started at Wikimania 2016. On September 29, 2017, the 1 Year Anniversary of completing #100wikidays, I started #100wikicommonsdays.