Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- I gave two talks at Wikimania this year:
- 1. Intellectual property barriers to GLAM projects in the global south
- My co-presenter Tanveer Hasan presented remotely in this session, while I was delivered my talk in person. The 25-minute-long session was attended by around 30 people. There was a brief round of questions and answers with the audience.
- 2. Lessons from creating a diversity toolkit
- Chinmayi S K and I jointly delivered this talk. Around 35 people attended this 25-minute session. It was followed by a brief round of lively interaction with the audience.
- Decolonising the Internet conference
- I was invited to this conference, which I attended instead of Learning Days. I have documented some of my thoughts from this conference in the learning pattern linked from this page.
- As a part of the Simple APG committee, which is a grants-advisory committee, I also attended a training session on understanding and tackling bias and prejudice.
- I also had several meetings with other Wikimaniacs regarding my planned and ongoing work in GLAM.