Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
It was a great experience to meet in person all these people that worked with them online, sharing some valuable ideas and projects that turned out to a real work after the conference.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
The results of my meetings with community members and WMF staff in Wikimania 2015:
- With the Arabic members, we agreed to have the second WikiArabia in Jordan next year instead of the initial plan that was Dubai.
- We agreed on starting a new project for Women in Arab World to increase the content about the women in Wikimedia projects, (the team will be me, Walaa Abdulmunim & Osama Khalid), the naming will be WikiWomen (Arab world) and the work will be started on it once back from the conference.
- Agreed with Anna Koval from WEP to start the first Education project in Iraq, will start the project in Erbil my city, will start the communicating prpcess with universities with the beginning of the new term.
I had a great opportunity to meet very amazing people from all around the world, I got interviewed twice, by Mexican press and Mexican TV. I had very valuable conversation with people from almost all the continents. I've attended Wikiwomen meetup to discuss the movement of women at Wikimedia projects. Group photo of Wikiwomen meetup is here, It was actually very inspirational to meet all these wonderful women who are interested in free knowledge and how to be involved more as women in these global movements.