Preparación para participar
Before you go...
- Check out the reports of past support recipients to get an idea of what to expect.
- Request some Wikimedia swag to give away to other participants!
- Know that individuals who are traveling on WMF business, scholarships or volunteer activities are covered by WMF travel insurance. Anyone traveling under one of these categories can be provided with an insurance card so they have the policy information and contact information in case they are in need of medical or travel assistance services outside of their home country. Email participation at wikimedia dot org to request a copy of the insurance card.
- Do you need a visa or other documents for travel? If so, TPS may be able to cover the costs if your grant is approved, but you will need to make your own visa application and make sure you have all the documents you need to travel.
At the event...
- Talk about Wikimedia! Help spread the word about Wikimedia projects and this program.
- Take pictures! We'd love to see them in your report later.
- Have fun and bring something back to the Wikimedia community! We can't wait to hear about something that you've learned, shared, or created as an outcome of this event.
At least 1 month before your event, you can ask us to send you something to take along with you!
To make a request:
- See collections to choose the right size for your event.
- Determine the right collection(s) for your event.
- Email merchandise at wikimedia dot org.
- Include the following:
- Shipping Address
- Date to receive shipment
- Email participation at wikimedia dot org to let us know after you've placed your order. You will then get a confirmation email once it's approved and the order will be released for fulfillment.
- We will make every effort to ship it to you before you leave for the event.