Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I wrote a blog post about how medical students and doctors can engage in Wikimedia movement in Malayalam language. The blog post can be read here.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Learning Patterns: Do not overload
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Notes from 'Team Vikings' during the session on lexicographical data workshop can be found here.
I presented a poster on "Mapping and bridging the gender gap, an ethnographic study of Indian Wikipedians and their motivations to contribute" and a talk "Research related to gender gap on Wikipedia: What do we know so far", both of which initiated further discussions. I co-hosted the WikiWomen's Lunch, in which around 50 women participated. I served in the Program Committee of Wikimania 2018, where I reviewed and scored the submissions.