Welcome back from Wikimania 2014!
User: Netha Hussain, en/ml wikipedia
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Here is the link to my learning pattern : Birds of a feather
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- Here is my article narration for Wikireadings, recorded while at Wikimania London : Kalpana Chawla on Wikireadings
My talk was on Zero cost strategies for Wikimedia outreach. I also joined the panel about social media and Wikimedia grants. I also helped facilitate the Wikiwomen's lunch and a session on diversity of participation. I organized the Wikimania jury meetup during which some crucial decisions were made and Indic meetup where a lot of new ideas sprang up. My meeting with the Program Evaluation & Designs team helped me to learn more about evaluating my projects smartly. Apart from meeting some of the friends whom I knew only via Wikipedia, I also met people from outside of Wikimedia. It was a pleasure to meet most staff members and Chapter members whom I regularly keep in touch with. I got to meet members from Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Africaans, French, German and Arabic communities and identified that most of the language communities are facing similar challenges as Indic communities. I could discuss possible solutions and best practices with them. I also met participants representing Mozilla and Open Data.
- Here is the link to my presentation : Zero cost strategies for Wikimedia Outreach