Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Blog post on my home blog: Viva la Wikimania.
New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- In a session about IEG grants, I met Marti Johnson and Siko Boutersee and we developed an initial idea of how to enable software development funding by involving the MediaWiki Stakeholders in the code review process.
- In the wake of this session, I am also considering to become a member of the IEG committee, as my main concern about potential conflicts of interest proved to be something we can deal with.
- Together with Mark Hershberger, I talked to members of the architecture committee about possible ways of an improved governance model for MediaWiki as a product.
- MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group had it's own table at the hackathon. With this visibility, we were approached by various people and got some visibility.
- Already at the airport, I got to talk to Dimi Dimitrov who is very active in EU policy. I am very interested in this topic and we had a good conversation about how this works and what we can do to support him there.
- I met a lot of international contacts from the chapters' world and we discussed among others new opportunities that arise with the new composition of the board of trustees.