|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Margott/CCC.|
33C3- Chaos Communication Congress
First one to meet was Daniel from Wikidata, we were in touch before for a possible merge of our talks, which did happened and discuss about our session and after that what to improve in other Wikidata talks that we will give in the future. Also Daniel helped me showing some 'tricks' on how to write queries and to get the information that you might need. I also met Lea(Wikidata community manager), and had some nice discussion about community related stuff. Also she participated at the talk and answered some question about Wikidata involvement and community that people asked me and Daniel. Also i met Julia from Wikimedia De, and we discussed about projects that we might co-organize in future, like Ladies that FOSS, and looking forward for the follow up with her to put these ideas into practice. Also i met other people that participated at the talk and were interested about Wikidata, and i'll keep the follow up with them to help as much as i can.
And from my second talk about gender diversity I met Berenike, an actress that was interested on technology and gender gap issues. She made some really good points on the Q&A sections and we're planing to have a talk or an open discussion in future about gender diversity on technology and Art. Also i met Kristian he was working on research project his team is trying to convert the scientific approaches regarding gender & IT into a more practical sphere, we didn't have that much time to talk after the talk because he was in a hurry to catch another talk but we will be in touch via email, and might meet next time I'm in Germany and to see how we can collaborate.
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
I wrote a blog post about my experience which can be found here and also im planning to give a talk about Wikidata on 08 February at Open Labs Hackerspace. But i've already shared my experience on our weekly meeting after holidays, thats why im planning the talk too, since i saw people interested on wikidata.
-Booked by WMF
- Travel (round trip airfare from Tirana to Hamburg): Requestː USD 330 || Spentː 371.30 USD
- Accommodation: USD 55 per night x 5 nights. Plus 63 USD service fee of the apartment = Requestː 338 USD || Spentː 338 USD
- Participation Feeː Requestː 110 USD || Spentː 110 USD
- Meals: 2̈ meals/day(lunch, dinner) x 3 days. Requestː 72 USD || Spentː 72 USD
Amount left overEdit