Welcome back from Wikimania 2017!
Your username goes here
Your home wiki goes here
- fawiki, meta, commons
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
After Wikimania and visiting so many fascinating people and users, I tried to get what I have learnt from them to my local community, it was more about Wipedia education program and library related issues, after retiring we have had couple of workshops and meet-ups, I mostly write about those experiences in Facebook and also our telegram group which we also get comments from others, we try to document what we learn from each event. in This wikimenia I also had co-presneation about Libraries and Wikipedia: Global perspectives and opportunities. you can read more about this This .
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
This was one of our experiences in Ahvaz, we had more meeting which I am still have not written about them, I will update this page once I am done.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- This learning pattern was very inspiring for me, I have been trying to do very same thing in My country, we have been trying to approach teachers and educate them about our work and its importance, it as it turned, Iranian teachers specially those in university think internet as enemey in Their classroom, our survey shows they find technology more distracting than learning tool, but it has to change specially if we can also teach student to use Internet and consequently wikipedia as tool, to learn more.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
I met so many people, many local and global topics we discussed and one the most crucial thing was to get people in asia more closer to each other, we talked future possible meeting in asia and regional meeting to bring people closer to each other, we still continue our discussion in our FB group and I am really hopeful to see some solid results in 2018.