Welcome back from Wikimania 2015!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I met the developers of Content Translation at the Hackathon. I had never used this tool before Wikimania. I translated it's help page on MediaWiki and shared my experiences about Content Translation on our village pump on Persian Wikipedia: w:fa:Special:PermaLink/15743540#مزایای «ترجمهٔ محتوا»
- I also learned about 100wikidays challenge and shared my experiences with the community on our village pump: w:fa:Special:PermaLink/15680234#معرفی چالش ۱۰۰روزویکی
- I met three other users from Persian Wikipedia at the conference (user:Ladsgroup, user:Mardetanha and user:درفش کاویانی) we managed to launch the Iranian Wikimedians User Group. We also talked about future plans (edit-a-thons, meetups, ...).
- I met User:The Interior, User:Ocaasi and User:Sadads. We had a meetup about Persian Wikipedia Library project along with two other users of Persian Wikipedia.
- I met User:FloNight and we had a conversation about gender gap and the solutions to improve the current situation.
- I met User:ZZhou (WMF) and I told him about how the government of Iran has blocked some of our articles on Persian Wikipedia and how we deal with it. I asked for solutions and possible helps from Wikimedia Foundation.
- I met User:Amire80 and he introduced Content Translation to me and enabled it for me.
- I met User:Trizek (WMF) and User:Elitre (WMF). They helped me while I was translating contents related to VisualEditor.
- I met User:LZia (WMF). She helped me while I was translating contents related to VisualEditor.
Before Wikimania, as a new OTRS member I had difficulties with OTRS system and I wasn't familiar with it. I attended an OTRS meetup on the first day of Hackathon and it was very useful for me.