Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- I had a presentation and a workshop.
- I shared this amazing experience with my community several days after the Wikimania:w:fa:Special:Diff/17490991
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Query of tasks assigned to me and have Wikimania-2016-Hackathon tag in them
- T131451: Deployed Edit quality campaign for ORES in Swedish Wikipedia
- T138576: Fixed Edit quality campaign in Hungarian Wikipedia
- T138445: Made ores-beta.wmflabs.org available in Beta cluster
- T137813: Fixed worker nodes in ores.wmflabs.org
- T131637: Added ores support for Czech language.
- Helped on moving from ores.wmflabs.org to ores.wikimedia.org in Raun
- Helped on fixing and deploying RTL and i18n bugs in Wikilabels   
- Made EasyQuery gadget in Wikidata (thanks to Jonas from WMDE) See it in the hackathon showcase
- Fixed and ran a bot to get list of citations needing update in Medicine-related articles in English Wikipedia Report here
- Fixed and ran the bot to fix headings issues in articles in English Wikipedia RfBA
- Helped a little on importing data for Iranian national heritages to Wikidata: phab:T138377
My talk was well-attended. I talked with lots of people to work on followings:
- Working on Finding aggressive discussions and integration with ORES
- Finding people willing to use ORES, or bring it to their own home wikis including: English Wiktionary, Greek Wikipedia, Hebrew Wikipedia, Hungarian Wikipedia, Spanish Wikipedia and Czech Wikipedia.
- Collaboration with Joe Matazzoni from Collaboration team on using building a system that uses ORES to find good-faith newbies and helping them.
- Wikidata team and got some stuff assigned to myself to improve Wikidata: 1- Making a better abuse filter rules for Wikidata 2- Building a system to global usage of items in Wikidata 3- Improving constraint violation interface.
- Community tech team and got tasks assigned to myself to help CopyPatrol tool by 1- Showing ORES scores in CopyPatrol 2- Using CopyPatrol data to build a copyright violation detection using AI in ORES.
- Talked to services team and they made ChangePropagation tool to do precaching for ORES phab:T138090 (weeee) and some other useful talks on using redis, operational challenges, etc.
- Had a talk with Daniel Zahn and he built a much more robust monitoring for ORES in production cluster (phab:T138882)
- Talked with Darian Patrick to make my connection to the production cluster more secure.
- I had a meeting with community advocacy and legal team regarding complexities of volunteering from Iran.
- Also I was at global policies meeting (and several other meetings) but this one was greatly productive.
- Had a meeting with community team regarding branding in Wikimedia movement (Communications/Wikimania_2016#Come_talk_to_us.21)
- Had a talk with Community Liaisons on how to use their help on deploying ORES review tool in new languages.
- Talked to Dan Andreescu about building an API to give top pages in Wikiproject Medicine (for page views) phab:T139324
- Getting scholarship let me be in Berlin the week before the Wikimania which was super productive since I was at the analytics team off-site. I was at WMDE office for a week and made patches and deployed ORES review tool in Persian Wikipedia and Wikidata. Here's is overview of my patches at that time.
- There are two projects that I saw in the Wikimania and they sound really cool to me: mw:Extension:UrlShortener (like https://w.wiki/2) and mw:Extension:Newsletter :)