Welcome back from Wikimania 2017!
- Shared Experience: I have shared gained experience and knowledge in Nepali language.
- I have shared about my experience in Nepali wikipedia village pump and here is the detailed report in Nepali language.
- Monumental tool: List of Monuments of Nepal were missing their location so the monumental tool is not showing any monuments in Nepal. I have started an initiation to add coordinates or the detailed address of monuments.
- Duplicity tool: I was interested to know more about wikidata. So I attended many of wikidata related programs. I have created a video tutorial to Use wiki data duplicity tool that helps to interlink to the same article from other languages.
- Wikipedia Education program in Kathmandu University: Muzzamil Sayed along with Nichole Saad from Education Programs discussed about possibilities of Wiki Education program at Kathmandu University.
- Video production group: I have joined with the Video production group in wikimedia. We have got a platform for colaboration in video works and also to know updates and the trends on creating video files. I got news about expiration of Mp3 copyright. Being a good contributor of audio files in Commons it was good news for me which will make uploading much easier. During a presentation I discovered I was the proud creator of the third most watched video (Tutorial for how to write article in Nepali Wikipedia) among all the videos uploaded in wikimedia commons.
- SAARC Meetup: I participated in the Wikimedia SAARC Meetup during this Wikimania with Wikimedians from Indian and Bangladesh. We discussed our common wiki-activities, achievements, problems, strategies and future plans. Wikimedian of Orissa, India expressed interest to organize the next Wiki Conference India in 2018. All the participant in the meetup agreed to help them from their side.
During Wikitrain from New York I got time to interact many of the wikimedians throughout USA. We discussed about posibilities of training wiki interested Nepali people living around USA. Here are some details about personal interaction.
Daniel Bogre Udell: (Wikitongue NYC) We discussed about possible colaboration for language related programs in Nepali community.
Anmol Wassan: This is my second time interaction with Anmol who is conducting Education programs in India. We discussed about how to make wiki education program effective.
Kelly Foster and Sherry Antoine:(Afrocrowd) After an interaction during wikiamerica conference they shared how did they involved into other community to let them know about wiki community. They shared their successful stories to establish a Wikimedia community.
Some Pictures taken during WikimaniaEdit
Thank you very much for providing me scholarship to attend Wikimania.