Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
Indonesian Wikipedia (id.wikipedia.org)
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
I created a page on Indonesian Wikipedia sharing my experiences in Wikimania to the Indonesian Wikipedia community.
I attended the Learning Day in Day 2 where there are workshops on generating ideas and solutions. The technique of diverging and converging solution ideas I think is worth exploring, both in wiki-life and in real life.
- Presented shortly at Wikimania Asian Month session together with Addis (link on YouTube), in which I "replaced" Josh Lim that couldn't make it for Wikimania. As I observed, there are 15-20 people in the room; fewer than expected, but this may be due to the session timing being just right before the closing ceremony.
- After the presentation, a person from WMDE approached us telling about the existence of a MediaWiki extension to track activity of new editors, and suggested that this extension might be useful for our case (Mw:Extension:Campaigns)
- Attended Wikimedia Asia Meetup which raises lots of issues but not really solve any issue. Probably we need more meetups to really solve the issues raised here.
- Revo from Indonesia
- Satdeep, Bodhisattwa, Sailesh from India
- Liang from Taiwan
- Gordon from Malaysia
- User:Cheers! from Vietnam
- Venus & Deryck from Hong Kong
- Takashi, Mr Miya from Japan
- Mpho from Lesotho
- Leigh from Mexico City
- User:Ladsgroup and User:Mardetanha from Iran
- Krish Dulal from Nepal
In this Wikimania, I tried participating in the discussion and training sessions; though I only contribute minimally, it is interesting on how the discussion goes in this Wikimedia movement. Real-time collaborative note-taking on Etherpad was nice too.