Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
Different talks I attended during the pre-conference and the conference itself allowed me to appreciate the value of learning patterns. One of my weak points is reporting, and that may well be a weak point for a lot of volunteers, and the following patterns are very useful:
- Grants:Learning patterns/Storytelling for grant reports and proposals: tricks of the trade
- Grants:Learning patterns/Grant reporting for volunteers. Part 1: Report of project activities
- Grants:Learning patterns/Grant reporting for volunteers. Part 2: Financial report
I am in the process of writing up a final report on a grant I received, hopefully these learning patterns will help smooth out this painful writing experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
I definitely used what I learned during the learning days when I prepared the three conferences I gave with my colleague Ibrahima during the Wikiconvention Francophone in Grenoble.
- 5 ans de distribution de Kiwix en Afrique de l’Ouest - bilan provisoire
- Utilisation de Wikipédia en classe - la formation commence par les enseignant-e-s...
- Défis de l’introduction des nouvelles technologies à l’école, que ce soit en Suisse ou au Sénégal
One of the participants really appreciated the conferences we gave, Ibrahima and I, and he invited both of us to giva a presentation at the Wikimedia+Education Conference in Basque country in April 2019.