|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Eduardofeld/WikiSalvador2.0.|
Compliance and completionEdit
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
- Did you use any of the grant funds?
Activities and lessons learnedEdit
This section describes what the grantee did, and what the grantee learned from implementing the project. This section should be useful to others implementing similar projects and is an opportunity for the grantee to reflect on the project's performance.
- Provide a detailed list of activities performed to complete this project, descriptions of these activities, and the amount of time spent on each activity. This section should also include a list of participants, or a link to pictures, blog posts, or videos from the project or event.
- I've made a speech on Sunday for approximately 20 visitors that came from the free knowledge branch of society, explaining techniques of edition in Wikipedia, the goals of an editor, the five pillars, the motivation and advantages of identified edition, the relation of edition and free-knowledge international movement. I've been very well accepted and I have now several newbees that are enthusiatically starting to edit and they were touched by my words. I may emphasize that there will occur a multiplier effect, because the majority of them is composed of teatchers and students of the program Wikipedia in University. My speech took two hours inside the evenign whole event, that took four hours. On monday, we made an edition workgroup that took three hours, with more advanced techniques and details of style, statutes. I didn't use videos, but only the Wikipedia web interface to show the lesson. The list of all participants isn't yet published by the event hosts, but the list of adopted ones is increasing day to day and it can be seen on my user page on pt-Wiki.
- What lessons were learned that may help others succeed in similar projects? Consider the following questions and respond with 1 - 2 paragraphs.
- What went well?
- Almost everything. People understood what does a human being involved with free culture with Wikipedia editing, why, how and when and they seemed to intend to broadcast the information to their students. We need to know that this occurred within a free digital culture event in witch people like Gilberto Gil made speeches. It was a free culture forum where we managed to set in it the sign that Wikipedia was here, what was very important.
- We learned that is very important to take advantage of that type of big events everywhere around the world till we'll have a permanent seat on events about free digital knowledge.
- What did not go well?
- The resources given by the house owner. The temperture was inappropriate, there wasn't enough water to drink, but, nonetheless, i managed to teach the basics of editing.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- I'll choose a place with better resources.
Project goal and measures of successEdit
This section should reference the project goals and measures of success described in the approved grant submission. See Grants:TPS/Eduardofeld/WikiSalvador2.0 to review the goals and metrics listed in the approved submission.
- Provide the project goal here.
- To broadcast the editing experience and it's passioning character.
- Did you achieve your projePLACEHOLDER TEXTct goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 paragraphs.
- Oh yeah!
Measures of successEdit
- List the measures of success exactly as provided in the approved grant submission, and evaluate your project according to each measure listed there.
- I managed to bring people to project and, again, the multiplier-effect can help us previewing that it will be increased in the future.
- Provide an overall assessment of how your project went according to these measures.
- I think the pre-encounter, on Saturday, planning the event, was a key to define the lines to follow.
- If you were to plan a similar project, would you measure it differently? If yes, please explain how.
- No, I will measure that way.
This section ties this project to Wikimedia's broader goals, and shows what the project accomplished.
- What impact did this project have on WMF's mission and the strategic goals? Please answer in 1 -2 paragraphs and include specific measures of impact such as the number of readers or editors reached by a particular project, or the number of articles edited or improved.
- Stabilize infrastructure
- Increase participation
- Improve quality
- Increase reach
- Encourage innovation
- As I've already said, bringing newbies is to put a seed on the project, we expect that seed will form a tree, but that tree cannot be photographed now. It's necessary to remember that I am ambassador of social sciences on RN-Brazil Uniersities and all my works are linked by a feedback process that all of them contribute to all of them at all and all of them are parts of a whole.
Reporting and documentation of expendituresEdit
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
- These expenses should be listed in the same format as the budget table in your approved submission so that anyone reading this report may be able to easily compare budgeted vs. actual expenses.
- Note that variances in the project budget over 10% per expense category must be approved in advance by WMF Grants Program staff. For all other variances, please provide an explanation in the table below.
It was all sent and reviewed by email The value is R$ 1,131.04.