|This Wikimedia Participation Support report has been accepted by the Wikimedia Participation Support Committee.To see the original request, please visit Grants:TPS/Csisc/AICCSA 2017.|
14th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications AICCSA 2017
Times are in UTC+1.
- In ANLP 2017 workshop (30 November 2017, My presentation was held from 14:20 to 15:06), 25 people attended from Tunisia, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Palestine. Ashraf Elnagar (University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates) and Mustafa Jarrar (Birzeit University, Palestine), two of the best specialists in Arabic Ontology and in the Natural Language Processing of Arabic dialects among the attendees (30 October 2017 from 14:25 to 15:06).
- After my conference presentation, I discussed the probable use of Wikidata in building a high-scale ontology of Arabic dialects and in processing texts in Arabic dialects in:
- Direct discussions with 5 Ph.D. students and 2 Post-Docs (30 October 2017 from 17:00 to 19:00 and from 22:00 to 23:00)
- A direct discussion with Ashraf Elnagar (31 October 2017, Coffee break, from 10:00 to 10:30)
- Discussion with Khalil Drira about the possibility of using Wikidata for build an M2M machine interoperable ontology (31 October 2017, Morning session, from 10:50 to 10:58).
- Arabic Ontology tutorial with Mustafa Jarrar, Hedi Karray and Mounira Harzallah (31 October 2017, Evening session, from 17:50 to 18:00)
- Discussion with Ahmed Omer, Ashraf Elnagar and Mustafa Jarrar about how to advance in the project of using Wikidata for the Natural Language Processing of Arabic dialects after AICCSA 2017 conference (1 November 2017, Lunch, from 12:00 to 15:00).
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Proceedings paper.
- Presentation slides, Discussion outcomes and Future directions.
- Discussing how to enter the labels in Arabic dialects to Wikidata entities from datasets with Wikidata technical community
- Discussing how to add labels in Arabic dialects to proper Wikidata entities using Pywikibot with Wikidata technical community
- Registration: 875 TND
- Accommodation: 504.5 TND
- Transport to Sousse: 8.9 TND
- Transport to Hammamet: 5.8 TND
Overall: 1394.2 TND = 557.5 USD
I found someone who transported me to the hotel for free and another one who transported me back to Sfax for free and that is why I only spent 557.5 USD to attend this international conference.