Welcome back from Wikimania 2018!
Wikimania 2018 was my second Wikimania. It's always a pleasure to meet and interact Wikim(p)edians around the globe and learn the skills. This was first time that I participated in a panel discussion and talk about the New Readers Campaign in Nepal.
I shared my experience with my community both Online and Offline⟶
⇒ Nepali Wikipedia
⇒ Maithili Wikipedia
⇒ I have shared my Wikimania experience and learning with my local community members at Rajbiraj Meetup.
⇒ We discussed about planning for ESEAP conference 2019 and proposal for Wikimedia SAARC 2020 conference.
⇒ I talk about the ongoing promotional campaign of Maithili Wikipedia in Nepal. It was a great experience for me to be a part of the panel participant.
⇒ For the development of the small wiki, I attend a session to learn how to use Wikidata as a tool to increase the content and quality of a small wiki.
⇒ How to fulfill the gap of rural area (both textually and photographically) in compared to urban context.
- Satdeep Gill: We discussed about progress of New readers campaign in Nepal as well as possible collaboration between Punjabi WUG and Maithili WUG.
- Viswa: We discussed on scholarship evaluation process and efficient financial management process for WikiCamp Nepal.
- Bodhisattwa Mandal: We discussed and exchanged ideas about GLAM projects.
- Nahid Sultan: We discussed about different Wikimedia projects and community collaboration.
- Nurunnaby Chowdhury Hasive: We discussed and decide to organize an online Edit-a-thon event focusing Bangla and Nepali Wikipedia community aiming to create women related articles of both countries.
- Saqib Khan: We mostly exchange our ideas on Wiki Loves event.
- Moheen Reeyad: Discussion regarding various important tools and copyright policies.
- Diego Delso: Obviously how to click Feature Image (FI) of Wikimedia Commons :)
- Nirmal Dulal- We discussed on progress of Nepali Wikipedia and WikiCamp Nepal.
- Nabin Sapkota: We discussed about support, collaboration and engagement of new user to Wikipedia as well as to Wikimedia Movement in Nepal.
- Pavanaja U.B.: We discussed on different Wiki projects.
- Ananya Mondal: How to pilot WLB in Nepal.