Welcome back from Wikimania 2016!
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- At a meetup I arranged in July, I shared some experiences about Wikimania.
- I live streamed a few talks that were not being filmed otherwise, most notably the hackathon showcase, but also the session on smartphone documentaries.
- I am also planning on a special Wikimania theme for the Swedish podcast Wikipediapodden, but due to summer it has not been recorded yet.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome that was created at the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to a new tool that you and your co-participants worked on at the Hackathon, or to pages created in a workshop you participated in).
- Together with a few other users, we managed to get ORES activated on Swedish Wikipedia during the hackathon and I posted about it on svwiki notice board.
- Me and User:Abbe98 was brainstorming an app for getting notifications on your phone when you are close to Wikipedia articles that have coordinates but no images.
- I talked with User:Dschwen about 360 images and videos and uploaded the first (?) 360-video to Commons during the hackathon so that he could start making a player for those.
- I made a template for 360 images on Swedish Wikipedia which features a link to the viewer that Dschwen was improving during the hackathon.
I had three kinds of connections during this Wikimania;
- People I had already met earlier and could discuss specific ideas with, coming closer to solutions. The work on the hackathon with Abbe98 and Dschwen was typical meetings like this, and there was a few others similar.
- People whom I had only talked to online before and now had the chance to get to know a little bit more in person. This was the case with some of the people from WMNO and it was nice to meet them now and I will most propbably go and visit them in September.
- People I have never met before and where I could get some new inspiration and ideas. This was for example the case with some people working in the Wikidata team, and also some in the WMDE booth in the community village, where I specifically saw some good OER materials that can come of use in Sweden.