Did you meet your goals?
- goals to Produce audio-video content to promote QueeringWikipedia Conference 2021 as a first of its kind and a first major Wikipedia LGBT+ User Group activity were met, however the conference dates moved and goals became somewhat modified. Inclusion of personal reflections and projects that emerged as responses in the present pandemic centering self-care became more prominent.
- exemplary videos, animations and audio was produced with initial group of 3 respondents, that included personal statements on 3 questions (and their basic info) as well as basic info about LGBT+ UG and Queering Wikipedia conference.
- to Release all media sources as an open content under Wikipedia Commons (to be available as templates for future use). Promote using social media platforms, on mailing lists and in other ways:
- partly yes *(internally on commons and live events), but now I think this should be done separately as a more ambitious, resourced and sophisticated PR plan than what I assumed to be good plan (it still is good enough but leaves some aspects to desire).
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- I am not fully happy with how project went as in thinking of project logic and dynamic in many aspects (due to many factors), but I am content with what were the learning and media results.
- I am happy about output videos as media objects on their own. I know contributors and quite a few that other viewers that proactively expressed their impressions were also.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|WF:social + other soc.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- original content sourcing was a bit late but it was excellent statements from those who contributed
- What did not work so well?
- initial plan was overly optimistic in terms of timeline, time spent, personal energy and funds needed for coordination, administration and production
- What would you do differently next time?
- would plan some time for research
- have some redundancy on all resources
- look up toolsets and methods previously used
Grant funds spentEdit
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- video and audio production
- titling and synchronization (text to audio)
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- YES / this was a big learning experience on multiple fronts and many ways that go beyond the goals and scope of the project.