Please see the sample Travel application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Expand network of potential partners.
- Increase awareness of Wikimedia projects.
- Recruit new editors.
- Train new editors in correctly contributing and referencing in article, adding media, adding infoboxes etc
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the event you're attending and why is it important that you attend?
- I am Sushant Savla from Mumbai. This application is towards reimbursement of traveling and food expenses incurred for the training session that was conducted for students of Ahmadabad University on 7th April 2018. Another Wikipedian Mr. Kartik Mistry (User:KartikMistry) accompanied me.
Details are provided at: Wikipedia_-_Ahmedabad_University_-_Outreach_Program_-_A_Report
2. Will you be presenting at the event?
- There were in all 5 presentation. I had 2 presentations, Mr. Kartik Mistry had also taken up two sessions. Fifth Session was taken up by local professors. Another Wikipedian Mr. Anant Rathod accompanied us. Prior to the this the Co-ordination with faculty and Faculty training was conducted by Mr. Aniket Bhatt on 31-03-2018
3. What kind of outreach activity do you plan to do?
- There were in all 577 Students. They were divided into 5 groups. 5 Theory session presentations were conducted Two in morning and 3 in afternoon. After Theory session of 2 hrs a practical session of 1.5 hrs were conducted in computer lab to give than hands on training to create infobox, add pictures, add reference in their User sand box.
4. How will you let other participants know about your outreach activity?
- As this session is already conducted this question is not applicable.
5. Do you have a specific networking plan? (e.g. specific people, organizations, groups you would like to develop partnerships with)
- The Students were of Ahmadabad University.
6. What is your plan to follow-up with new contacts?
- We have left our user page and email ID to student to contact us in case of difficulty.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets as applicable:
- Number of presentation attendees: 577 students and faculty members
- Number of new potential partners: 1
- Number of outreach activity participants: 4
- Number of new editors:20
- Number of of articles created or improved: 200
What resources do you have? Include in-kind donations or additional funding.
- Infrastructure of Classrooms, Computer Labs etc is provided by Ahmadabad University. No Other Funding was required.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Travel and Food Expenses:
- Train Ticket = INR 2200 (Mumbai to Ahmedabad - 2 persons Sushant Savla and Kartik Mistry)
- Train Ticket = INR 945 (Ahmedabad to Mumbai - 1 person Sushant Savla)
- Local Taxi/Auto fares = INR 500
- Dinner = INR 500
- Total = INR 4145
In Dollars = USD 64 Approximately
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Excellent presentation and well done, Sushant! --KartikMistry (talk) 16:38, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Remarkable effort by Gujarati community, with the help of Ahmedabad University. --Gazal world (talk) 16:51, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- I am grateful to User:Sushant savla for taking part in this event and providing training to 100+ students. He has dedicated his time and efforts, I strongly recommend him to be considered for this rapid grant to reimburse the expenses he incurred out of his pocket.--DhavalTalk 22:48, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Comment See talk page. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 13:57, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- This should be aproved. I Endorse. --Aniket (talk) 06:15, 26 April 2018 (UTC)