Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Wikikwatt Project - Cameroon (Relaunch)/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Start the Wikikwatt project in Douala and Maroua
- To extend the presence of the User group in the Maroua and Douala towns
- Add the number of articles in the previous towns (Yaounde and Buea)
- Create articles for towns (Douala and Maroua)
- Translate new and existing articles about neighborhoods in the aforementioned towns
- Add quality images about neighborhoods in these towns to Wikimedia Commons
- Consolidate old partnerships and create new partnerships with photographic organs in the concerned towns.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
- Wikikwatt Project - Cameroon (Relaunch) Statistics for french articles: 
- Wikikwatt Project - Cameroon (Relaunch) Statistics for english articles: 
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events= 24 events||more than 14 events.||Goal missed due to staff misunderstanding at beginning of project|
|Number of participants= 10 - 20 per town (in total 40 - 80 participants)||23 participants||Goal missed due to staff misunderstanding at beginning of project|
|Number of new editors=About 15||About 10||Goal missed due to staff misunderstanding at beginning of project|
|Number of articles=More than 3 - 5 per participant (in french, english and German)||About 54||Goal met. For this metric, we done more effort to engage more contributors in 4 towns concerned to atteimpt this goal. For the time reserved after the resolution of staff misunderstanding, we can say that obtain articles and pictures can face goal.|
|Number of of photos uploaded: More than 20 pictures in total||Number of of photos uploaded: +60 pictures in total||Goal met|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- All sessions, started at Yaounde were a very good experience.
- Good number of participants contributed their articles to Wikipedia
- Good number of participants contributed their photos to Wikimedia Commons
- Good introduction of Maroua and Douala in project
- Empower new leads in the four cities where the project was held
- What did not work so well?
- Organization due to staff misunderstanding
- Leadership during the project due to non-respect of grant process in our UG.
- Those two points affected progress of project, we observe more than five weeks of inactivity which not only tainted the results but also the end date of the project. We had to push the end of the project to the end of February.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Strengthen communication within the User Group staff
- Differentiate roles on UG staff
Grant funds spentEdit
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Item||Spent Budget in XAF||Spend Budget in USD||Receipt Available||Comments|
|Communication||100000||$178.9164818||No||Done by volunteers|
|Photowalks Yde-Dla-Mra||76000||$135.98||No||Done by volunteers and professionnal photographers|
|Activation Yaounde||50000||$89.459||No||Done by volunteers|
|Activation Maroua||100000||$178.92||Yes (partial)||Hall have receipt|
|Yaounde January sesion||55000||$98.41||No||Done by volunteers|
|visuals conception||15000||$26.84||Yes||Logo, all visuals needed for project|
|Printing gadgets||260000||$465.19||Yes||all visuals (rollups, mugs, tshirts...)|
|Internet connection||150000||$268.38||Yes||all data needed during project|
|Event, food, drinks and Hall Douala||130800||$234.02||Partial||Some features have receipts|
|Event, food, drinks and Hall Yaounde 288986||145000||$259.43||Partial||Some features have receipts|
|Printing gadgets||260000||$465.19||Partial||Some features have receipts|
|Event, food, drinks and Hall Buea||175000||$313.11||Partial||Some features have receipts|
|Event, food, drinks and Hall Maroua||110000||$196.81||Partial||Some features have receipts|
|Gifts for best contributors||120000||$214.70||Yes||OTC USB Keys|
|Aperitif (for trainers out of his town)||140000||$250.49||No||There isn't receipt on food place|
|Stay in each town (accomodation))||60000||$107.35||Yes||Rest of trainer night before session|
|Transaction fees||10000||$18,52||No||Mobile operator fees|
|Total||1.696.800 frs CFA||$3.036 USD||Changes were estimated about 558.92 XAF|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- XAF35200 ($62.98 USD) left.
- This could be reverted to UG account to plan training session or another project by waiting funds in account.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- Given the important work that there is around the neighborhoods in the cities of Cameroon, a new experience on the project will be welcome. We thank the entire team for the support in achieving this result.