Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group/Wiki Loves Women editathons in Buea and Bamenda
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- These trainings aim at strengthening the partnership with these two associations which are interested by the contribution to Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons in the cities of Buea and Bamenda
- 22 to 24 of May (Buea)
- 21 to 23 of June (Bamenda)
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will also communicate our information in our WhatsApp group, on our Facebook page Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group Facebook page and also as well as on on the associations' websites and their facebook pages
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- No, It's about discovering Wikipedia and Wikimedia commons and learning how to contribute. They will be assisted by Geugeor and Bile rene.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Expand the User Group's activities in the anglophone part of Cameroon.
- Meet members periodically and set up projects
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- In addition to women's articles that will be written or improved, it will be question of taking pictures in the cities to enrich Wikimedia Commons
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 2
- Number of participants : More than 50
- Number of new editors : More than 50
- Number of of articles created or improved : 10
- Number of pictures : More than 100
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Participants are supposed to come with their own computers when they have
- 1 camera
- Paper board and marker
- 4 books on women purchased during Art + Feminism training Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Transportation and accomodation costs (2 persons during 3 days): 246.000 FR CFA - 445,26 USD
Buea - Hotel : 90.000 Fr CFA ; Transport + taxi : 30.000 Fr CFA
Bamenda - Hotel : 90.000 Fr CFA; Transport + taxi : 36.000 Fr CFA
- 3G/4G modem for the internet access : 150.000 FR CFA - 271,50 USD
Buea : 30.000 F x 3 = 90.000 Fr CFA
Bamenda : 20.000 F x 3 = 60.000 Fr CFA
- Meals and drinks : 195.000 FR CFA - 352,95 USD
Buea : 35.000 F x 3 = 105.000 Fr CFA
Bamenda : 30.000 F x 3 = 90.000 Fr CFA
- Halls : 210.000 FR CFA - 380,10 USD
Buea : 40.000 F x 3 = 120.000 Fr CFA
Bamenda : 30.000 F x 3 = 90.000 Fr CFA
- Cameras rental (2): 80.000 FR CFA - 144,80 USD
- Transport of participants (Taking pictures) : 170.000 FR CFA - 307,70 USD
Buea : 3000 F x 30 = 90.000 Fr CFA
Bamenda : 4000 F x 20 = 80.000 Fr CFA
- Meal during stay :30.000 FR CFA - 54,30 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support project worth supporting --Benoît Prieur (talk) 06:09, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support a natural extension of the Wiki Loves Women project -- Islahaddow (talk) 11:36, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support yes of course. THIS SAID, I would like to propose that we try to track all those WLW edit-a-thons through the set-up of a global WLW programme on the event dashboard, in a similar way than other global projects do. There is already one such thing, but it was never really used and needs to be refreshed and open largely. https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/campaigns/wiki_loves_women/overview. I would like to propose that one of the required piece of this grant be that edit-a-thons get recorded as part of the global wlw campaign. That's hardly additional work and it brings so much benefits when running events ! Anthere (talk) 21:04, 15 May 2018 (UTC)